Thursday, August 25, 2005
Acting out. . .
The latest news at the Warren/Slaughter house is that six, count'em SIX of the residents of the house are going to be involved in drama this fall. No, no, I don't mean the kind of drama that takes place year 'round--"He was making a face at me but I didn't hit him!". . ."I know I left my math book in the kitchen and now it's gone and can I go play now?". . ."Dad come quick! I didn't do anything but there's blood all over the trampoline!" This year we're gonna teach the kids to do it RIGHT and be believable when they tell us their stories! Nathan, Bethany, Shelley, John Caleb, Timothy, and Molly are going to become thespians, spending a good part of their Thursdays every week with a large drama troupe made up largely of home schoolers. Actually, Bethany and John Caleb are more interested in the "techie" side of things, but all of them will spend some time learning both the "art" and the "science" side of theater. We're pleased that so many of the kids are interested in the same activity this year--cuts down on the driving! And I'm sure most of you will be approached about buying tickets to the big productions. . .if they're anything like the one in the spring, you'd be treating yourself to come and enjoy :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yeah and today i found out that i will be moved to the high-school group...isn't that exciting? i was gonna be in the middle school group(i'm in eigth grade) but since i was draghted to the high school group for _This is a Test_, and cause Mrs. Miller(Director) said that i had "bonded" w/ them i'm gonna be in there for the whole year:) this will be an exciting semester!
~~Loralai(that's shelley's name in the play:-D)
hey you're turning into bethany... i think you meant either 'drafted' or 'draughted'. get this girl a spell check!
Like Loralai from Gilmore Girls? Cool name, Shelley... how did ya swing that one? :)
Congrats and I - SERIOUSLY - would like to know when this play is so that I can try my very bestest to come out there and see it! I love plays, but I love excuses for family visits even more!
Seriously now... keep me posted. I am a workin' woman now and can afford these important trips. :) LOL
I'm happy for all of you!
"romeo, oh romeo, where..." oh wait, that's my play. ((smirk))
Hi Johanna! We're doing a play called_This is a Test_ in November for a competition in WAXAHACHIE if that's how you spell it:-)
and yes, Loralai from Gilmore Girls...the set you pick your own name if you don't already have a designated one and i picked Loralai:-D Gilmore Girls is one of my favorite shows!!!!
and sorry annie, i meant drafted:-)
Aw, snap... I wish I could come. [cries]
That blood all over the trampoline comment had me rolling with laughter by the way.
Break a leg, y'all! Not literally... Knowing you smart-alecks, you might do it just to get me. ;)
Post a Comment